Friday, November 18, 2011

I plan to join a boxing gym when i turn around the age of 18. Is that too late for me?

Although I am joining at 18, I have already practiced the basics of the jab, the straight right, the left hook, my stance, footwork, shadow boxing, and defense for at least half a year with an instructor who I am related to, but have not recently been visiting. I have also gotten some sparring sessions in. I%26#039;m not trying to become a professional fighter but at least a solid fighter. Is joining at 18 still a good time?|||It%26#039;s definitely not too late for your goal, since you don%26#039;t plan on going pro. You%26#039;ll be way ahead of other beginners in view of your practice. But why wait? You can join at 16 with parental consent. If that%26#039;s the problem, then just do everything you can to stay in shape, and keep practicing what you have already developed. Good luck to you!|||To have fun it%26#039;s not to late, to go pro it%26#039;s too late. It takes years to develop a skill. If your planning on going on for 5 years of practice minimum then go for it. Report Abuse
|||Not at all. I once met a boxer at 32 and he was fighting his first pro fight with no amatuer experience at all. As a matter fact you could turn pro without any amatuer matches. It all depends on if you are ready. Make sure yo get yourself a good manager do not do it for more than 10 years.|||never to late to join

No comments:

Post a Comment