Friday, November 18, 2011

Should you pull your punches while shadow boxing to avoid hyper extension of the elbow and potensial injury?

Rocco Jones ~





Nope, full extension and snap! The one thing in my opinion that anyone should do while shadow boxing is to pretend you%26#039;re punching through the target not at the target. It all depends how workout but usually, shadowboxing is performed well after you%26#039;ve warmed up.





Thanks for the question Rocco Jones.





Sorry, j v it looks like we crossed each other paths (same answer) as I was thanking Rocco......Dido!|||Believe it or not I had to think about this from two points of view first from a boxers view because when you shadow box you put a lot of stress on your joints when you throw a punch at the air full force and there is a risk of injury but on the other hand as a trainer we teach you are going to fight like you train so you have to extend your arm all the way out this is a Good question and I bet you a lot of boxers don,t extend their arms all the way out when shadow boxing and this would lead to getting tired in the middle of a fight and throwing punches short|||no,,,,full extension and snap|||first off I feel when you Shadow box its just that shadow.....I would tell an inexperienced fighter to not throw with all he has I would use it as a secondary warm up exercise before I step into the ring to spar. Foremost lots of stretching before you do any boxing I always had a sweat going before steeping into the ring to spar. Also listen to your body it will tell what feels good|||No. Full extension and snap, especially during shadow boxing teaches you to punch through your target. %26quot;Pulling%26quot; punches creates a bad habit that can have a very negative effect in the ring.





%26lt;edit%26gt; Santana D: What a great answer! :) I gave you a thumbs up for that one!|||Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment