Friday, November 18, 2011

What are some good boxing punch mitt drills?

I%26#039;ve been hitting a heavy bag, speed bag, shadow boxing for about 3 months now. Last week I got some punch mitts, and a friend of mine has been helping me train.





My question is, what are some good training drills with the punch mitts? Should I be doing 3 minute rounds like I do on the heavy bag? If so, how many rounds? Any suggestion would be appreciated.|||Have him give you a good whack with them if you leave your self open, DON%26#039;T HIT BACK, HAVE HIM MOVE HIS HANDS TRYING TO GET YOU TO LEAVE YOURSELF OPEN, SO HE CAN WHACK YOU UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH THE PUNCH MITTS, PUNCH WITH ONE HAND AT A TIME AND HIT BOTH MITTS AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN LOAD YOUR HANS WITH SOME WEIGHTS AND PUNCH THE MITTS. HAVE HIM PUSH YOU BACK AND TRY TO STOP HIM WITH PUNCHES|||Join a boxing gym.|||it depends what your trying to accomplish. for coordination id mix up my combos and move me head a lot and do a lot of pivoting. for straight conditioning throw a lot of straight punches non stop for short bursts of time. take bout a 3-5 sec breather then repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment