Sunday, April 26, 2009

I need a two sided "shadow box" to display a T Shirt with autographics on the front and back. Can I buy one?

I have a T-Shirt that has numerous signatures on the front AND back of it. It%26#039;s an expensive collectors item. I want to display it in a shadow box, but I can only find shadow boxes with a glass front, not a glass front and back. My plan is to put a hook in the middle top portion of the box and hang the t shirt on hanger from that hook. I will mount the box to an entrance of a door way in a business (very large doorway openings and high head room) Can anyone suggest how I would make this or tell me where I can buy something like this?|||The way I would do it is to actually press the shirt out flat between two sheets of plexiglass or Lexan, then fit the sandwich into grooves in a backless frame -- that way, you don%26#039;t have to have an unsightly hanger (plus, on a typical hanger, the shirt could rotate slightly and make it less than optimal to view) All you would have to do (if you decide to build it) is to build a box of desired depth, then router a groove that will accommodate the plexiglass sandwich all the way around the middle of the inside of the box. Sand, stain, seal, assemble and enjoy!|||how about buy 2 of the same size shadow boxes and remove their backs, sandwich the shirt in between them. Maybe buy 2 small hinges and hing on side and clasp the other to keep them closed. If too wide, think about 2 screen door windows (thin white aluminum edges w/ plexiglass) Or make your own with pine or poplar cut to size at a lumber yard, have plexi cut (to inside diameter) and add molding to front and back) so plexi doesnt fall out. paint or stain.|||Hobby lobby and michaels has tons of shadow boxes and cases in difrent sizes try them , also the container store has that kind of stuff too.|||There are sport collector/dealer places that have new cases that are all acrylic. So just ask at one of theses places near you and they should be able to tell you how to get them. The ones I have seen advertised in my magazines are above $100 price range.|||well if you kind find one in a store, there is always someone like me who would build one for you, Simply put look up in the phone book up under wood worker and get on the phone someone will build you one, you may pay more getting it customed made but you will get what you need and want. ive made single shadow boxes for people a double one wouldnt be a problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment